The 5th Annual Research Administrative Excellence Awards recognized the contributions of staff within the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OPVRI) for their service and committment to the campus community.
At the ceremony Brad Shelton, interim vice president for research and innovation, highlighted the research achievements of 2015. He noted that these achievements are not only a testament to, "the talent and determination of our faculty but they also reflect the extraordinary support that (research administrators) provide."
Charles Powell, Sandi Cole, and Anae Rosenberg each received individual recognition for their service. The Emergency Response Team received the VPRI Outstanding Team Award for their extraordinary service, particularly in their work responding to a May 31 fire in the Zebrafish International Resource Center. The inter-departmental team includes:
- Andre LeDuc and Krista Dillon, Emma Stocker (Enterprise Risk Services)
- Deb Donning and Flo Hoskinson (Enterprise Risk Services)
- Brett Rogers (Campus Operations)
- George Bleekman and Tom Shepard (Campus Planning, Design & Construction)
- Adam Jones (Environmental Health & Safety/Enterprise Risk Services)
- Bob Lawson and Jacob Lewis (ION DGA Administration)