Recently released (6/30/17), NIH Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards FY2017
- Funding Levels: Non-competing continuation awards already made in FY17 but funded at levels below the Notice of Award will be fully restored
- NRSA: stipends to increase approx. 2%
- New Investigators: Affirm continued support for new investigators on R01 equivalent awards
- Salary cap: raised to $187,000 (eff. Jan 8, 2017)
- Other Legislative: Acknowledgment of Federal Funding. When issuing statements, press releases, requests for proposals, bid solicitations and other documents describing projects or programs funded in whole or in part with Federal money, all grantees receiving Federal funds included in this Act, including but not limited to State and local governments and recipients of Federal research grants, shall clearly state – (1) the percentage of the total costs of the program or project which will be financed with Federal money; (2) the dollar amount of Federal funds for the project or program; and (3) percentage and dollar amount of the total costs of the project or program that will be financed by non-governmental sources.
The full text of the notice is available on the NIH website. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone at Sponsored Projects Services.
Director, Sponsored Projects Services